Now playing

Mittwoch, 19. Januar 2011

Some people are straight assholes

Okay, first off, I don't really like handshaking. It leads to misunderstandings if you're in a hurry and don't have the time to shake someone's hand (they might take it personally), it leads to unnessecary smalltalk and I straight don't understand why you should be obliged to shake hands if you only pass each other on a hallway or something.

But this is a different story. I was just approached by some guy at work who wanted me to fix something on his computer. Okay, that's my job. Thing is, I was just coming in, he was coming down the stairs, we said good morning and passed each other, when he turned around and said "Oh, that's right, there's something broken!". So, I turned around, asked him what's up and offered to shake hands, since we were in for a talk, obviously.

And this guy just plain stares at me, ignoring my stretched out hand, describing his problem. Now seriously, why would you do that? It's not like I made some half-assed gesture signaling I might want to shake hands, I plainly sticked my hand out in front of him, leaving it hovering in the air while he goes on about how he can't start a certain program.

A little tip for all of you who work with computers: Be nice to your admin, or we might accidentally break more than fix while we work on your PC.

Keine Kommentare:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...